News for Students / Student Opportunities

Menzies Foundation is looking for the next generation of leaders

Quan Lau

Quan Lau

The Menzies Foundation is looking for outstanding engineers who are shaping to become the next generation of leaders. Offering the 2016 Sir Robert Menzies Memorial Scholarship in Engineering, the Foundation supports students in undertaking postgraduate study overseas, which is valued up to $75,000 per year.

2015 recipient of the Menzies Scholarship and Melbourne School of Engineering alumna Quan Lau is commencing a Masters in Engineering for Sustainable Development at Cambridge University, which she hopes will advance her passion for social and environmental justice.

“I chose this course because I’d like to use my skills and energy to help create a better more sustainable world. I’m hoping this degree will give me the knowledge and understanding to achieve this,” says Ms Lau.

“The scholarship is an amazing opportunity because it provides full funding for me to attend Cambridge University, something I could never have afforded on my own. It also gives me access to a network of Menzies Scholarship alumni and mentoring opportunities. It means a lot to me and I’m really grateful. I feel really honoured the selection committee believed in me enough to award me the scholarship!”

Eligible applicants must be an Australian citizen and hold either a degree with first class honours or a Master of Engineering with a distinction average. Candidates should also demonstrate outstanding leadership qualities and a commitment to community service. Following their postgraduate study as a Menzies Scholar, students must plan on continuing their career in Australia.

Applications are now open and close July 31 2015. 

Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , ,